Agreement to enroll your child/children at St. Jarlath Catholic School carries certain parental responsibilities. It is expected that the parents/legal guardians will:
1. Be active in the development of the faith life of their child/children and worship at
Mass on weekends and Holy days.
2. Instill in the child positive values and attitudes.
3. Notify the school with a written note when the student has been absent or tardy;
4. Notify the school office of any changes of address or important phone numbers;
5. Inform the school of any special situation regarding the student’s well-being, safety, and health
6. Complete and return to school any requested information promptly;
7. Read school notes and newsletters and to show interest in the student’s total education;
8. Be familiar with and support the school and class regulations and policies.
9. Support the educational programs offered at St. Jarlath Catholic School by careful and conscientious supervision of student assignments.
10. Attend parent/teacher conferences and carry out teacher recommendations made at conference.
11. Fulfill all contractual obligations.
12. Support school and parish related functions.
13. Supervise students’ standards of conduct over the weekends and holidays to assure the good reputation of the school in the community.
14. Be responsible for all damage and loss to school property caused by the student.
15. Follow the approved chain of command whenever a problem arises in the classroom. Discuss the matter with the teacher, next the principal, and finally the pastor.